Most of the people take it wrong. Actually, E-commerce refers to electronic commerce. It means buying and selling products or services through the internet across the globe. It means that you can buy products or services anywhere from anyplace. You are involved in a commercial transaction every time you trade something. Remember, e-commerce is the transaction of goods or services. It is not a business. E-business is something else. Ecommerce is an easier way to discover and purchase products or services of your choice from anywhere convenient. As compared with the traditional retailing system, where there is only a limited customer of limited customs, e-commerce is more vast with a broader range of customers. It enables us to meet different people of varying choices. Maybe, what you are selling is not liked by the locals. But with e-commerce, you can find a perfect match for the customer to sell your product or service. It is not the big business only to getting benefit from e-commerce. It gives benefits to entrepreneurs, independent freelancers, small businesses, and enables them to sell goods and services at a larger scale, not possible with traditional offline retail.
Ecommerce got its history when a man sold the CD by a
band Sting to a friend through his website, NetMarket, on August 11, 1994. This
is the first-ever example of e-commerce that was formerly known as the World
Wide Web. Let's move on to its benefits.
Benefits of E-commerce
This modern world of the technology enables e-commerce to become a significant option for many businesses, like developing online stores. It has a lot of benefits, along with cost-effectiveness. The ratio of local businesses to opt for eCommerce is increasing tremendously.
Let's have a quick look at the benefits of eCommerce.
· Convenience & Easiness - Most of the people opt for it putting their ease to priority. So, they are more comfortable to buy a reasonable product online while sitting in their lounge rather than to go out and face traffic.
· Online funds transfer - If you don't have cash, you can quickly pay for your products by transferring funds online. Easy peasy.
· Product Datasheets - Want to know about the product details when you can't touch it? Don't worry. These online stores have beautifully portrayed the products along with their detailed information, making online purchase experience easy for you. But beware of the essential terms and conditions related to the product such as warranty.
· Cost of inventory Management - As already mentioned, eCommerce is cost-effective, and it can reduce the inventory cost. Yes, you are right. You can save operational costs.
· Monitor the Consumers' Buying Habit - Ecommerce retailers can easily track consumers' buying behaviors. You can watch their buying needs and build long-lasting relationships.
· Loyalty - Build trust among you and your customers by providing your best products and services to them. By this, you can get top customers' reviews and product ratings. This can help you to increase your selling being customers your sellers and promote your products.
· Selling Across the World - As mentioned before, this world is your playground. Perform your best and use this entire land as your shop. Sell your things to the whole world, not to a specific town, people, or culture.
· 24 hours availability throughout the year - The primary benefit is you can buy anytime if you're a customer, or get orders anytime if you're a seller.
· Economy - You just need to invest your idea, resources, and creativity. There is no need for investing in any physical building or paying overhead expenses. eCommerce is yet economical and cost-effective.
Multi vendors Ecommerce
For the newbies, there are a lot of websites that work to provide a platform for different big and small businesses to put their products over there and sell through that platform. It's called multivendor, where you have a platform, which is a pool of businesses to sell something.
Besides these benefits, there are a lot of other benefits like brand promotion through website crawlers, decreased direct and indirect costs, evaluation of sales effectiveness, higher growth scale, and much more. We can never get over its benefits.
Let's have a peek on how to make a multivendor website of your own.
- We will choose WordPress for the platform. The reason is as simple as using WordPress. It is the easiest to use and most amazingly packed with features.
- After we have WordPress, we will install all the essential plugins, which include woocommerce for our shop or online store management. We will use Yoast for SEO and Rocket for improving the speed of our WordPress website.
- We will set up the payment methods which we want to use on our eCommerce website, and this includes (but are not limited to) PayPal, 2checkout, credit card, stripe, and many others.
- The most important thing now. We need an excellent theme for our website. We need something related to our niche and our products. For the eCommerce theme, we will go the one and only place, i.e., ThemeForest. Here we can find any kind of eCommerce theme for our WordPress website. Just search for multivendor eCommerce theme, and we will have dozens of eCommerce theme in different styles which we can buy for a small price. Choose the best eCommerce theme for your store and install it in your WordPress.
- Design your pages and upload your products on the website. Configure your payment methods, and we will be "go for launch."
Now you know a lot about eCommerce and multivendor, you might be thinking.. "okay? So what's the difference between e-commerce and local business". This brings us to our next point.
Tips for setting up your online business.
Setting up an eCommerce business is yet not very easy. We have to go through a series of right decisions. It all depends on the right decision. Obviously, it not a piece of cake. Here, we have jotted down a few steps and exciting tips for the newbie’s.
So, have a look.
One Product, One Idea
Start with one product and a unique idea. You can't put your head in a number of products at a time. You have to focus on one product and make detailed information about it, such as features.
Identify your target market. Do detailed research on the needs and wants of the target market.
Evaluate your product
What makes you assure that your product will sell? Hmm...! It all depends on your idea, uniqueness, target audience research, and your efforts.
Make a document of your business plan. Your targets, goals, and your idea. So that you follow all the steps and don't miss out. Justify your idea by doing research on the competition of your product.
Yes, the primary and crucial point. A logo. Make a beautiful, attractive, and a minimal logo for your business. Do not try to make a logo by yourself. Take an expert's help. A logo plays a big part in gaining more customers. It reflects your business. So, brand name and logo are a lot significant.
Get a store
Building a store online is a bit tricky. You need to do research on the search engines. Optimize your store and do great photography.
Always create a blueprint of what you are gonna do to ensure that you don't miss out on any point. Building an e-commerce website and its success leads you to interconnect your local business and e-commerce store. Let's see how it's done.
Connect your E-store with local business
If you already have a physical store and looking to connect it to your e-store, then follow a simple rule. Showcase your best items on the e-store. Some customers just come to your shop to check out your products but go to your e-store to buy online. And the opposite happens as well. So whatever product you are showcasing in the e-store should be your best shot.
To give your best shot in your e-store, you must choose the best eCommerce developer. You should opt for the best eCommerce developer platform such as Fiverr, which can perform multiple functions. Fiverr is such a platform that connects you with many top and best eCommerce developers and experts who can help you create and manage your e-store under your fixed budget. By using Fiverr, you can experience the best ever eCommerce development. You can find the best developers, and Fiverr helps you to find the best among them by viewing their portfolios and user reviews and ratings. Fiverr eCommerce developers provide you different services such as creating your online store, customize it, bug fixing, consultation, and many other features.
Creating an eCommerce website is simple, but managing it is really hard. We have to tackle bug issues, and for this, a 24 hr customer service is needed. Now, you have created your website, its time for you to focus on the sale. Yeah..! increase the sales, grow your business. And this is possible when you prepare an SEO checklist and work on it.
Tips to Increase eCommerce business
What I have learned so far is that eCommerce SEO is a long-term investment for any online business. There are experts for it in the market. You can increase your eCommerce business by considering the following points.
- Paid traffic from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram helps a lot if used in the right way. But, this idea is just like feeding your lion. When you keep on paying, it will give you a return. But, if you stop paying, it will stop your ads. So, it's not long-lasting for your eCommerce business.
- Keep in touch with your customers to not only get reviews but also to make them your promoters.
- Emailing lists prove to be best in increasing eCommerce business. Build good emailing lists and keep promoting your products and news on your emailing lists.
- Monitor customer habits through analytics. Also, maintain customer loyalty to have good analytics.
- SEO should be strong and should be done for all of your webpages. But how will you get to know what is SEO and how it's done? The easiest way is to find an eCommerce developer on Fiverr. There are many experts on Fiverr who can not only provide you SEO service but also consultation on how you can grow sales in a better way.
Importance of SEO for Ecommerce
Now the question is, How? SEO is as healthy for any eCommerce website as sweet to a bar of chocolate. If you ignore SEO, it means that either you are gonna risk your website visibility or you don't need more sales. Being invisible from the search engines will drive you no sales, thus no profit. I don't think you would like that, will you? Obviously, you will never want your competitor to take advantage, though. So, if you want to increase sales, do SEO. If you don't know the ABC of SEO, go to Fiverr, where top experts are available to help you and provide you with the best SEO experience. SEO can prove to be a lifesaver, sales promoter, and profitable if you are running tight in your budget.
Best Hosting for Your Ecommerce Website
You also need a perfect hosting for a perfect eCommerce website. For this, there are many hosting provider services. Among them, you should opt for those who give you the following features.
- Cheapest eCommerce hosting plans
- disk space
- MySQL Database, FTP User and email account
- Integrate any script like PrestaShop, Magento, WooCommerce, and ZenCart with one-click auto-installers.
- 24 by 7 customer support
- SSD and caching ensure smooth performance.
- SSL to secure all data and transactions
- Longer Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated IP addresses
- Control Panel
- High Traffic Capability
The best eCommerce hosting providers should provide you will all the features I've mentioned before to give you the best eCommerce hosting experience.
- Inter Server
- Liqued web
These hosting providers ensure to provide these features to their eCommerce customers. In the end, I would suggest you build a good blueprint of your business and do great SEO from Fiverr. This will allow you to grow your sales and earn more profit. Your eCommerce website must have an appropriate hosting plan. Use the right plan, and you can get continuous business growth. Also, choose a hosting company very wisely, which can allow you to control your business through a simplified control panel.